I have way to many head puns.
It is not yet finished; eyes, ears and nostrils need to be put in along with the shape adjust somewhat, but nearly there.
This time I decided to start with a sphere for the head, so that I didn’t make (one of) the same mistakes as last time and forget to have the head come back in. I then deleted the bottom of the sphere and extruded the edged to create the neck.
After that, I started on the face. I deleted some of the faces on the sphere and created the eyes, also flattening the forehead. I worked down, creating the mouth and nose with the create polygon tool and join up to the rest of the face. Working out from the neck to create the chin.
Once I was satisfied with the shape of the lower part of the face, I went back and deleted the top of the sphere and moved the vertices so that it followed the correct topology, then extruded the edges so that I could seal the head off. I used one of the topographical models from thundercloud.com as a guide for where my edge loops should go.
Really, aside from modelling the eyes and ears, I really just need to tweak it.
The cheeks should come out a little more and the right side of the face should go more to the left, but so far so good, I haven’t had any nasty deformations as of yet, so as long as I keep my head it should be good.