This is our re-rendered animation.
I have to say that I’m quite proud of it now that the sound has been added.
There is still a slight jump between scene 2 and scene 3, and we noticed that it seems to go slightly fuzzy as well but at the minute this is it finished. Amy had to sit and render the third scene frame by frame because when she batch rendered it for some reason the parasaurolophus would float off.
Ryan, Amy and I sat together and ensured that we had identical lights and ground textures so there should no longer be any inconsistencies. The day before we had tried to incorporate as much of Mike’s feedback as we could. Matthew wasn’t able to be in as he had to mind his brother, but we kept him up to date on what was going on and what we were going to do.
As he had put his files on the shared Dropbox folder we were able to quickly make the changes to his files as well as our own at the same time. It wasn’t really necessary for him to come in at that point as it was really just superficial changes that needed to be made and then we were setting the scenes to render.
I rendered scene 1 and scene 4 (which used to be scene 5 where the T-Rex is beaten with multiple rocks), Amy did scene 2, and 3, and Ryan rendered 5 (used to be 4) and 6 (used to be 7).
The following day, Amy and I came in and edited it together. Ryan was going to do it, but had an appointment s and wouldn’t be in until later, so we let him know and he sent us the scenes. By 12.30 it was almost finished, only the titles and credits needing to be added.
Amy had made a fantastic split screen in scene 3, which Mike had suggested, but it was awesome the way that when the T-Rex turned its head it almost looked as though it was shoving the Parasaurolophus out of the way.
For some reason when we tried to use Premiere to edit the scenes together the sky went black in our scenes. I put it into iMovie instead and found that the sky was still there so I put all the scenes together and then made up the soundtrack for it.
The background noises were from Freesound.org, the splashes were a water balloon from SoundBible.com and the rest were simply taken from Garageband.
I then put the movie file on to Dropbox and Amy added the credits.
Tyrannical Terror: https://youtu.be/N7-o3vPJcHI
Blouhond. (2012). Calm Morning Outdoor Ambience. Available: http://freesound.org/people/blouhond/sounds/157947/. Last accessed 12th May 2015.
Steveygos93. (2010). Water Balloon. Available: http://soundbible.com/1463-Water-Balloon.html. Last accessed 12th May 2015.