Head-ache

Well this is just a bundle of joy.

Essentially, at the end of this adventure to model the ears and get them looking okay whilst attached to the head I discovered I had some strange deformation on the model when I smoothed it.

I tried deleting these strange shapes but that only seemed to exacerbate the problem.

It turns out, at some point, I duplicated the head. So there was a head inside the head and I was deleting faces off of each of them. So now I have to pick one and go with it.

It was also lovely trying to model the ear. I ended up using the tutorial by _ for the ears. It was just a little too vague on the maya autodesk one for me to follow, mainly because the ear I was using was a fair bit more complicated.

The nose wasn’t too hard. Actually it was quite straight forward.

I just like to make things difficult for myself though, and I decided to try and rename the images I was using for reference whilst in maya, leading to them becoming inactive. Nothing showed up in the files when I loaded them and you could not click the files to reinsert them.

I then had the originals on my phone so I blue toothed them over. Then I remembered that I had cropped the images so they didn’t have unnecessary background, somehow this seems to have effected the scale so the images no longer fit my model.

Hopefully it will look better when it’s fixed, although I remain unconvinced that it actually looks like Andrew, but at least his head is no longer in the shape of Dirk the Daring.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s