- Looked at the reference images in The Animator’s Survival Kit.
- Picked which rig to use.
- Pose the rig in the main poses (blocking)
- Added in between poses
- In spline mode
- Key the arm positions
- Clean up the graph editor, removing any unnecessary keys.
- After clean up and then slight tweaking.
- Outcome: https://youtu.be/1gG-kGz3tJo
NOTE: Towards the end of the jump it looks a little bit like the rig slides to a stop, but looking in the side view it is actually off the ground, just the perspective makes it a little hard to see, this is why I added the boxes to show him landing.
Williams, R. (2001). Walks. The Animator’s Survival Kit. London: Faber and Faber. p102-173.