- Keep it short no more than 2 minutes
- Best work first
- Have wireframe renders
- Mention software used
- Credit anyone else work and what you specifically did
- Contact information at the end
Thoughts on Showreels we looked at
- Mark Iozzi’s showreel was impressive but too long – the music fit it though as they were very grand landscapes
- Ran Manolov’s showreel showed you all around the character and their topology but at times became repetitive
- I thought Victor’s showreel was quite good about having the character’s modelled with dynamic poses, which made more interesting to watch and a better idea about the character, it was also interesting to see a textured version, and the close ups on the intricate detail were good to see
Hernandez, V. (2015). CGI Showreels HD: “Character Modeling” by Victor Hernandez. Available: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wfbqgnqf0SU. Last accessed 2nd March 2016.
Iozzi, M. (2015). CGI VFX Showreels HD: “Showreel 2015 Montage” – by Marco Iozzi. Available: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MAYSTNcT8o. Last accessed 2nd March 2016.
Monolov, R . (2015). CGI 3D Modeling Showreel HD: “Demo Reel 2015” – by Ran Manolov The CGBros . Available: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp0uM8HIu9Y. Last accessed 2nd March 2016.