- Essentially all elements are created in Illustrator and then brought into AE
- Use one of the colour schemes to create a good palette for your creation
- Use the pathfinder to create quick shadows by duplicating the layer > offset it > select both layers and use the appropriate pathfinder button to trim the excess > darken the lower layer
- All limbs should be on different layers for animating
- In AE import the assets as different comps
- For the koala comp I then rotated the limbs to make it appear it was climbing the try and then I moved the position of the background
- Add an adjustment layer > drop on turbulent displace > increase complexity > decrease size – when your happy that’s the sketchy appearance created
MtMograph. (2014). Summit 54 – Sketchy Style Animation – After Effects. Available: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRdpJfixpeA. Last accessed 19th Oct 2016.