Category Archives: Assignment 1

Creative Elements / Creative Enterprise

WOODSY1995

For our first proper animation task we were asked to create two images to represent their titles to put up onto the “Animation Belfast” course directory page. in our group we brainstormed the different ways in which we could represent these titles:

WP_002585 WP_002585,1

One of our main concepts was letting the two images flow into each other. one of my ideas was to have words and images flowing through the sea of thoughts such as cogs to show the brains working.This looked similar to sheet music to show the flow of ideas.
I thought about making a caricature of a business woman (who took the shape of Dolly Parton..assets and all) with lots of money (in various areas) to represent creative enterprise, showing how money can be made from creative ideas:
dolly1                   
WP_002597
 
This is the idea which we finally decided looked…

View original post 154 more words

Advertisements

Cover Art Feedback

  • The red gradient needed to be corrected (the gradients were the part that I was responsible for) as it had a pastel like appearance as it faded to white. It should go through yellow before reaching white rather than the peachy colour I ended up producing. (Shown Below).
  • How the images were presented in the powerpoint gave the impression that we hadn’t made the cover art the correct dimensions.
  • It was nice how we had our research at the start to show how we were influenced by that in our work, and how we had considered that for each of our ideas.
  • Overall it was a good first attempt.
Original Version
Original Version

Here are the finished versions.

Corrected Version
Corrected Version – Creative Solutions
Creative Enterprise
Creative Enterprise

Presentation on Cover Art

Below is the presentation that our group did for the Cover Art that we created for Creative Solutions and Creative Enterprise modules.

Presentation : Cover Art

I originally made it on Keynote but converted it to a PDF so that it can be accessed easier.

We didn’t really plan what exactly we were going to say, we all just checked that the slides contained all the necessary information and then tried to split the number of slides so that there was an equal amount per person. As we all knew what the process of creating the Cover Art had involved, we felt able to simply say from memory our thoughts and reasoning at each stage and if anyone got stuck or possibly forgot anything then we could step in to help.

Creative Solutions and Enterprise

Below is our initial thought processes when we were given the task of designing cover art for the “Creative Solutions” and “Creative Enterprise” modules.

Board Ideas
Board Ideas

The image above was the first whiteboard of ideas/thoughts we had regarding the task. (My work is coloured  in yellow).

Board 2
Board 2

We also planned out the dimensions that we had to work within and how to try and have everyone’s contribution noticed.

Creative Solutions
Creative Solutions
Creative Enterprise
Creative Enterprise

To either side is the research that Siobhan did, to clarify what each module actually entailed.

We thought, that with a better understanding of the modules, we would then be able to illustrate the cover art to give a good idea to whomever was viewing the images what the module involved before viewing the content inside.

We used some word association to play around with some concepts that we could use for the cover arts.

To the right is our other board where we doodled some of our thoughts, and also wound up with a rainbow frog, with no real idea why- bu it looked friendly!

We also came up with our team name “CRANGS” using the initial of everyone’s name.

Brief guide
Brief guide

The photograph to the left shows how we broke up each task so that everyone had something to contribute, people understood what they were doing and to ensure the task was completed within the deadline.

Machinery
Machinery

The photograph to the right is the drawing which Siobhan did for the machine to illustrate processing, Greta did the gears and some of the machinery, Ryan drew the robot, Aidan and Courtney coloured the two images in whilst I put in the gradient and created the powerpoint.