I made a mad scientist over the summer and when we were discussing our idea with Natasha and Andrew, Natasha showed us a video of inside the brain (cited below) and the neurones reminded me of the little plasma ball I made.
I showed it to the group and they thought it would be good to have those in the animation so I started making more.
When I was modelling the brain, I came across a problem when modelling the little back bit. When I was using Paint Effects on it, my computer started to move with the speed of a snail with a broken foot. So I simply made it more wrinkly by adding more edge loops and then scaling every other one in, and adding the texture.
I also found that I had over 100 textures for the wrinkly bits of the actual brain and I only needed to apply the one texture to the brain with it all selected for the same effect. That helped speed up the computer too.
Mark pointed out that the texture on the brain did seem translucent so then I went back and dialled down the transparency giving it a more realistic appearance.
I started off modelling the brain stem, before I resorted to googling how to create a realistic brain, having become unsure as to what the rest of it looked like. It took me several attempts to get the shape of the brain the correct shape before doing the Paint Effects to add on the wrinkly bits.
After Ideation, we tried to come up with a number of concept ideas that we could further develop.
The main ideas were an animation to give a visual representation of Alzheimers, an animation to give a visual representation of anxiety, a little dog getting revenge and an animation which highlights the fact that there is always someone with a bigger problem than you.