I tried to keep the scene as tidy as possible.
I divided the world into four different sections.
North, East, South and West platforms, with a bridge related to each. In the centre was a group for the Castle, forts, globe and base.
Underneath the bridge group, there was the platforms; Fort, Village, Farm and the City. Each platform then had buildings grouped to it.
I would have screenshot it, but my mac is struggling to open the file at the minute.
I tried to keep my files organised whilst I went through organising the various components.
This is a table of who modelled what:
I found this assignment pretty fun to do initially, but I think I might have been overly optimistic in what we could achieve within the time. I have to say the animation was my least favourite part, mainly because I don’t think I’m very good at it. I can get the basic poses, but trying to add subtly to the movements is difficult for me. The Animator’s Survival Kit can only help so much, along with reference videos, but I still find it hard to judge.
I particularly enjoyed the modelling part of the assignment, and then having the part to specialise in a particular area. I think if I had made better use of my time, I could have had a better outcome in my work.
I really enjoyed this module. Mainly, the animated short was the highlight for me, seeing the amount of improvement in all our animations from our first attempts. I particularly enjoyed Katie, Blayne and Natasha’s animation, that was just fantastic.
I felt as though this module helped to give me a better idea of what I might like to do, and also let us experiment a lot to see what could work and what doesn’t, as well as highlighting how important planning is.
Amy gave me her castle and little forts to surround it, and I just put them together to place them into my globe.
Andrew modelled the guns that I put on top of the columns to add protection around the army base.
He also created the hanger that I’ve put all the cars in.