Category Archives: Other

Backboard 2

I decided to make a backboard for the bottom vivarium, rather than the plastic sheet currently on it.




I discovered, when I was putting the backboard into place, that i had managed to measure the placement of the bottom vent incorrectly and instead had to put the vent behind the wood. That being said, the top vent was a perfect fit and helps to pin the board to the back of the vivarium without the need for any adhesives.


So there three faces, then a removable door so that the top vivarium can be cleaned out. I used plastic cornering to slot the clear plastic door into place, then drilled a hole through both materials and into the side wall so that I could slot an Allen key in, in order to lock the enclosure.

There’s also a wooden handle to prevent the plastic door from flexing, because my snakes are quite strong.

There two vivariums are connected by a hole in the top of the original vivarium, drilled using a tank cutter, and the top vivarium is secured using screws.

Currently I have only seen Elias slithering about up there, but he seemed quite content up there.


Since my snakes have grown quite a lot I think it’s time to give them a bigger enclosure, but rather than buy a brand new one, I’ve decided to build on top of the existing structure, mainly because the space where it stored is rather limited and it would be difficult to find a vivarium that would fit.

I started with the easy bit, my granda got a bit of hardboard that will serve as the backboard in the vivarium and here is how it shaped up.

NOTE: You may be confused as to why the can says “Butterfly Deodorant”, and it is because I used to like playing with bugs- especially ants. One time when I was on holiday with my family, I was about 5, and we were at a restaurant. I sat on the floor and was playing with the ants, then one of the people that worked there came over and started spraying them and of course I started getting upset that he was killing my friends. My family tried to convince me that he was just spraying them in deodorant which I knew was rubbish because I could see them dying and I had seen the pictograph on the bottle that had a big red cross through a bug.

Brother’s wall

So, my brother has asked me to paint something on his wall.

Initially he just wanted Marvel characters, but then he decided he wanted to have some Mortal Kombat characters too.

It has now progressed to Mortal Kombat versus Marvel characters.

Anyway, I’ve created a few mock ups of the scene.

NOTE: I just got images of the characters from google so that I could work out their placement, rather than sketching them all out in photoshop since I’d be moving them around and wasn’t sure which characters Aaron wanted me to use.



He decided that he wanted the background to be changed as it wouldn’t go with the rest of his room, and also, that Raiden should be lowered to the ground.


This was just another possible idea that I had, of using half the board as Marvel and the other as Mortal Kombat, but he preferred the other format. It is also important to note, his wall is basically a square, so I’m going to need to take that into account. Trying to squeeze so much detail into the space, with each character’s face could end up being a disaster, so we ditched that.


This is the final image. This should be what I end up painting it onto the wall, but he may end up changing his mind, who knows.

He initially wanted to get rid of Spiderman altogether, but then I pointed out that it would end up with six MK characters. So then he wanted to get rid of Kitana, since it would reduce the amount of blue. Instead, I lowered Spidey so that he wasn’t swinging in the breeze, and added in Mileena instead. I did offer to put Jade in, but he wanted the pink one.

Created my own font!!!

After seeing how well Sorcha’s font turned out, I decided to create my own.

I had a little free time on my hands and used the typography experiment that I created as the font.

So, not sure where to start I youtube it and found the video below very helpful.

Video :

It was uploaded for years ago but still works.

It told me to use My Script, where you print off a template, fill it in, scan it and then it will generate your font (all free of course).


I did what it told me (aside from printing it off), I opened the pdf file in Photoshop and made sure it was set to greyscale before filling it in using my Wacomb tablet. Then I saved it as a .jpeg like it said before uploading back on to the website.

After a few seconds, your file should be ready for downloading.

It is awesome.

It actually works perfectly.

It’s also called “Pengonian” in case you were wondering.

The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Captital letters, lowercase and then numbers.
Captital letters, lowercase and then numbers.