I finally got my animation showreel done!
I included the animations that I did with my friend Jordan which were mainly Stop-motion ones.
I’m actually really happy with it. I originally intended to make it using Windows Live Movie Maker, but I need to use iMovie because it was making me angry.
I then made the entire soundtrack in GarageBand.
I really just put a repetitive sound in first and then hit random keys repeatedly- it sounds pretty good to me. I actually think it’s better than all my other attempts for the crystal world project.
I got the cartoon falling sound from Freesound.org. (Link: https://www.freesound.org/people/CGEffex/sounds/89546/)
Showreel link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FoZM5V1p-I&feature=youtu.be
So, I corrected the issues that I had last time and this is the result.
I think it went better this time, I’m still not entirely sure where I went wrong with it last time, but whatever it was didn’t come up this time.
I like how the camera angle changes (I also zoomed in so that you could actually see the animation), although there is still a bit of a lag on the descent, I’m happy with it.
You can see how the little ball pushes forward with it’s head and the tail just follows it, and the little antennae bobs along with the leg’s movements.
So, I tried to fix the momentum problem…
As you can see from the video, I ended up with a few other issues.
- I was too zoomed out, so it was hard to see the ball.
- The leg is a bit slow when jumping on the diving board.
- The jump isn’t realistic as it the leg hovers in mid air, instead of continuing to fall.
- As the ball is going to defend, the antennae isn’t bending in the correct direction.
Now I’m going to go and fix it.
Fun, times ahead.
So this week we had Carl Jr to play with.
Our group decided to bring in the obstacle course and the ball with a tail.
We deleted most of the course to leave the leg on a diving board, which would then hop down onto the ball and splatter it.
This is my first attempt at Carl Jr.
- Momentum – it looks like the leg has a parachute
- Weight (again with the floating descent)
- Overlapping motion with the diving board needs work