Second sketch, getting more enjoyable the more I do. The hard part is actually doing the initial scribble and not just shading in the canvas.
I’m going to be doing a series of illustrations on photoshop by creating images out of scribbles on my graphics tablet.
I tried to make it into a little mining type creature that was cradling a fluorescent bar to light the way.
[Fred walk sketch]
I wanted to have Fred walking, hunched over, and rather flat footed so he is stamping his way.
- Started from the feet up
- Got one foot moving as I wanted then did the opposite for the other foot (make notes on values used because it is very hard to remember and tedious to keep checking)
- Check the leg movement and adjust if needed
- Adjust the degree of hip swivel
- Hunch the back and the shoulders
- Animate the movement of the shoulders
- Make the fingers curl in on themselves to look like the man has arthritis
- Get the arms to swing starting at the top, down to the wrist (adjusted last)
- Tweak any awkward movements
Feet movement (side view) : https://youtu.be/l8RxGMgJrxI
Feet movement (front view) : https://youtu.be/jRSQd5TsLII
Hips (front view) : https://youtu.be/Z8yEo0xFaww
Upper half (side view) : https://youtu.be/NhBh25mLB9U
Full body (side view) : https://youtu.be/oc7i045jies
Feet (side view) : https://youtu.be/hGHOyDzyHRc
Full Body (front view) : https://youtu.be/O42___eQuuU
Full body (perspective) : https://youtu.be/UbtYQ8oeh2Y
Shoulders (front view) : https://youtu.be/jRLFszNULN8
Full body (side view) : https://youtu.be/wWlGmrFxILI
Top half (front view) : https://youtu.be/2g6luugfrGI
Hips (front view) : https://youtu.be/NK2_DrIW3FE
Feet (front view): https://youtu.be/qO2ux2OGsXY
I’ve decided to do two versions of my animation.
Verizon One will feature a couple of bananas that split up.
Version Two is based off my previous illustration.
Banana Split Post: https://nataliehcole.wordpress.com/2015/06/14/banana-split/
(Literally the only difference is the photographs).